Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vangibath

My mother is an expert at preparing Vangibath. After marriage I used to miss it a lot. Yesterday evening, when I had been to a vegetable shop with my hubby, I saw green brinjals which reminded me of this favorite dish of mine. I immediately decided to prepare vangibath for breakfast today. Do you know something?? I not only succeeded in preparing superb vangibath but also impressed my hubby......so now its your turn to impress your husband and family!!



For 2 people.

Ingredients:-

Brinjal - 7
Rava -1 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Sour curd - 1/2 cup
Pepper - 4
Cinnamon - 2 pieces
Clove - 4
Coriander seeds- 1 spoon
Cumin seeds(Jeera) -1/4 spoon
Red chilly - 4
Urad dal - 1 spoon
Ground nut dal-1 spoon
Mustard-1/2 spoon
Cooking oil-1 spoon

Method:-

Masala powder preparation:-Fry pepper, clove, cinnamon, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and red chilly in oil till you get a fragrance(2 minutes). Now grind it to a powder in a mixie.

Prepare seasoning with urad dal, bengal gram dal and mustard. When urad dal becomes slightly red add cut brinjal pieces, salt and sour curd. After 5-10 minutes when brinjol is cooked, add 3 cups of water. When water starts to boil, pour rava while stirring. Let it cook on low flame till water is gone. Now add masala powder and ghee. Mix it well.

Tasty vangibath is ready to be savoured.

No comments: