Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Undluka - Rice Balls

Today I will teach you a favorite dish that I remembered my grandmother used to make. I decided to try it out for the first time. I called up mom and got the recipe. I tried it and the photo tells the story. However you won't believe me when I tell you that it was the tastiest snack I had prepared for a long time. Enjoy this...



Ingredients:-
  1. Hot water- 1 bowl
  2. Red rice - 1 cup
  3. Coconut - 1/2 piece in grated form
  4. Salt- 1/4 spoon
Method:- Soak one cup of red rice in a hot water. After 3 hours, grind soaked red rice with grated coconut, salt and a small portion of water. Now make small balls of this mixture. Take a tava/deep frying pan and spread oil on its surface. Now arrange these balls against the wall of the tava and heat it on medium flame. Sprinkle some water midway during heating. When these balls are baked on one side, roll the balls.

After a few minutes hot Undluka is ready to be savored.

No comments: